Mobile security is becoming more important as the mobile market becomes larger. Hackers, scammers and phishing artists target the largest markets with the most potential for damage and profit, which for many years has been Windows-based PCs. However, as more and more users begin using mobile devices for common tasks such as shopping, banking and email, the potential for mobile disaster grows.
Why does your mobile device need security software?
- Cyberattacks on mobile devices rose by a factor of six in 2011
- 40% of mobile users will click an unsafe link on a smartphone this year
- Less than 1 in 5 mobile users run any type of antivirus software
- At least 5% of free Android applications contain one or more aggressive ad networks – those which can access personal information
- Over half of all Android devices are vulnerable to known, exploitable security flaws
- Cybercrime in 2011 cost American consumers $21,000,000,000
Before you download another Android app or check your bank account balance on your iPhone, be sure you have improved your mobile security with both anti-malware and anti-virus software for your cell phone.